Experiment and Craft Workshop by University of Tokyo CAST!＜Tokyo Sewerage Museum “Rainbow”＞
How does the water around us arrive?
This workshop is for junior high school students, high school students, and their family members. The workshop instructors are from the active university student club, "Todai (University of Tokyo) CAST," with many appearances in various media and events. Participants can think and learn about the sewerage system and the lives around us through water experiments and microscope crafts!
Let's explore the technology and principles!
Please be sure to participate!
- Event Date
October 1st (Sun)
13:00 - 14:00（Reception 12:45）
Tokyo Sewerage Museum “Rainbow” Multi-purpose room
University of Tokyo Science Communication Club CAST
20 people - junior high school/high school students and their family members
(guardians/elementary school students)
*First-come, first-served basis
- Entry fee
- Application Period
【Application Start】Wednesday, September 20th 9:30
【Application Deadline】Saturday, September 30th 16:30
*We will accept applications on a first-come, first-served basis, and once the capacity is reached, we will close registration.
▶︎Apply from here.
◎What happens if the sewage system stops after a disaster...?!
◎3 Water Experiments
- Observe the mysterious movement of water using a Pythagorean cup!
- Check out how a pump works using an Archimedes cup!
- Understand the water supply and sewerage pipe system looking at water supply and sewerage pipe models!
◎Let's make a microscope!!!
- Make a microscope using beads and construction paper!
- Use a Tokyo Sewerage Museum "Rainbow" microscope to actually observe microorganisms!